Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Collaboration University 2009 Day 1, the other side

Collaboration University has two sessions going on in any given time slot, plus a hands-on lab open all day.  While not as bad as Lotusphere, where this year I had an instance of 5 concurrent sessions I wanted to attend, at CU I still find myself wishing I had a clone.
Luckily I got to see last year's version of most of the sessions I missed in Day 1, because it was some great content.  
Here is what I missed:
  • Installation and Configuration of Quickr 8.2: Best Practices (Chris Miller)
  • Sametime 8 and 8.5 Toolkit Overview (Carl Tyler)
  • Development with Quickr: Three Solutions Deconstructed (Troy Reimer)
  • Quickr Themes Part 1: Server-Wide Extensions and Custom Themes (Viktor Krantz)
  • Using Forms and Placebot: Three Reusable Examples for Quickr (Troy Reimer)
As you can see there is a ton of value in Collaboration University. These guys go into way more depth than you will see in a typical overview session at Lotusphere and they are available to answer questions or go into a detailed discussion.  I saw at least two people get critical issues resolved just by being able to grab an expert between breaks.

Go ahead and start making your CU 2010 plans for next September!

No comments:

Post a Comment